Community First Aid
St John offers a range of Community First Aid sessions designed to give you a good basic understanding of First Aid and how it can help you when the need arises.
Remember, knowing how to do something is always better than doing nothing at all in the event of an emergency.
This is an awareness First Aid course that will give you the confidence and competence to respond in an emergency.
It provides basic First Aid management; what the first steps are in any emergency (DRSABCD action plan) as well as covering a number of specific scenarios:
- Unconscious person
- Sprains and Strains
- Wounds and bleeding
Specialist modules include:
- Defibrillation - How and when to use a defibrillator
- Senior Citizens - How to treat common First Aid incidents in the elderly
- Sports - First Aid (including strains and sprains)
- Outdoors - First Aid (including bites and stings)
- Child Specific - First Aid (including asthma and anaphylaxis)
This is available to community groups at a subsidised rate to ensure access to learning is available to all. It is run onsite at a venue of your choice.
A range of First Aid courses are available, contact St John on 1300 360 455.
St John Training Terms and Conditions apply, click here to read