HLTFA311A Apply First Aid in 1 or 2 Days
This accredited course is to acquire competency in applying First Aid in a variety of First Aid scenarios and is the course prescribed by the WorkSafe Compliance code - First Aid in the workplace.
This course is available in a 4 hour, 1 or 2 day format. The 1 day format assumes prior knowledge. Pre-course learning material is provided prior to course commencement.
The knowledge, skills and confidence gained will enable you to sustain life and minimise the consequences of injury and illness until professional help arrives.
Participants who achieve competency will receive a Statement of Attainment. The recommendation is a renewal course every 3 years with an Annual CPR refresher.
- The aims of First Aid
- The legal aspects of providing First Aid
- Aspects of infection control
- Assessment of a First Aid scenario - the DRSABCD Action Plan
- The importance of communication
- Unconscious breathing casualty
- Unconscious non-breathing casualty - CPR
- Applications of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Review of First Aid kits
Recognition and management of:
- Wounds and bleeding
- Medical emergencies - chest pain, asthma, anaphylaxis, stroke, seizures, fainting, diabetes
- Injuries from head to toe
- Exposure to heat and cold
- Bites and stings
|Duration||1 Day||2 Day|
- St John venues available throughout Victoria
- At a venue of your choice for up to 16 participants
A range of First Aid courses are available, contact St John
on 1300 360 455.
St John Training Terms and Conditions apply, click here to read