22024VIC Course in Emergency Management of Asthma in the Workplace
This accredited course is to acquire competency in the risk assessment and First Aid management of asthma emergency in the workplace or home. The knowledge, skills and confidence gained will enable you to minimise the occurrence, recognise and manage an asthma attack.
Participants who achieve competency will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Annual refresher is recommended.
- The aims of First Aid
- The legal aspects of providing First Aid
- Aspects of infection control
- What is Asthma
- Causes and recognition of Asthma
Management of an Asthma attack:
- Scenario management
- Administration of a reliever
Conduct a risk assessment of a relevant environment including:
- Prevention and minimisation strategies
- Methods of review
- St John venues available throughout Victoria
- At a venue of your choice for up to 16 participants
A range of First Aid courses are available, contact St John on 1300 360 455.
St John Training Terms and Conditions apply, click here to read