Help people to maintain their independence by providing a safe and reliable door to door transport service
The Community Transport Service provides people with a safe and reliable door to door transport service making the community accessible to everyone. Our Community Transport Service is able to provide a tailored travel solution to individuals who would otherwise be disadvantaged and/or isolated within their communities.
The Community Transport Service is ideal for people who would otherwise struggle to access;
- Medical appointments and visits to the doctors
- Friends and loved ones
- Functions and events
- Family gatherings and celebrations
- Shopping trips
St John Community Transport Volunteers are trained to deal with a variety of first aid scenarios from applying a band-aid through to performing Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in the unlikely event that this is required.
St John Community Transport Volunteers are expected to give a minimum of 1 day per fortnight of voluntary service in addition to making the time to attend any professional development that may be required within the role.
The steps to becoming a Community Transport Driver:
- Complete the online application
- Attend a group information/recruitment session
- Acquire the Nationally Recognised HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate
- You do not need to have the certificate prior to submitting your application. Once your application is approved for progression we will provide you with access to one of our first aid courses FREE OF CHARGE.
- If you already have a valid/current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid qualification you can upload your certificate as part of your online application
- Submit to a National Police Check – Existing checks will not be recognised, all applicants invited to progress will be expected to submit to a new check, the cost of which will be covered by St John
- Submit to a Working With Children Check – Existing checks will be recognised, all progressing applicants without an existing check will be required to submit to a new volunteer check
- Provide proof of a valid driving licence within the State of Victoria (Minimum of Green ‘P’ licence)
- Provide if requested, a Vic Roads Complete Driver History Report (Costs will be covered by St John)
- Provide a suitable photograph for a unique identity card