I agree to St John Ambulance Australia (Victoria) holding and using this information for the purpose of promoting St John Ambulance Australia (Victoria) and first aid training through the media, social media and other related publications. I understand St John Ambulance Australia (Victoria) will not disclose my personal information without my express consent on each occasion and will comply with the Data protection Act. St John reserves the right to edit stories for any reason. By submitting a story, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
OPEN & CLOSE DATES & TIMES
Entry for the awards will open at 9am on 31st May 2021 and close at 5pm on 13th August 2021 (‘Nomination period’).
HOW TO ENTER
1. Information on how to enter form part of these Terms & Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms & Conditions is invalid. Entry into the Awards is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. All entrants under 18 must have consent from a parent/guardian. Only one nomination is needed per person.
2. Entry is open to residents of Victoria, Australia. Entrants must be willing to have their photo taken and story shared by St John Ambulance Victoria.
3. Entry is available through https://www.stjohnvic.com.au/support-us/champions/. All information to be stored securely within St John Ambulance Victoria and comply with Australian Privacy Act 1988.
5. The incident in the nomination must have occurred in the 18 months prior to date of submission.
6. Each Award submission must comply with the category it is entered under. Categories are:
i. Junior First Aid Champion (Under 12 years of age)
ii. Youth First Aid Champion (13- 18 years of age)
iii. CPR First Aid Champion
iv. Community First Aid Champion
v. Workplace First Aid Champion
vi. St John Volunteer Champion
vii. Overall category – Victorian First Aid Champion
7. Entry is dependent on the nominee using their First Aid knowledge and skills to aid someone in need.
8. The Awards are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with a third party.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
9. This is a nomination of skill and recognition of a good deed. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. The Organiser will judge each entry individually based on the merit of the submission. The Organiser’s decision as to the winning entries and in relation to any aspect of the Awards more generally will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winners will be decided on or before 18th August 2021. The Organiser will notify the winner in writing via email. The Winner(s) will be invited to attend an Awards ceremony on 8th September 2021 in a Melbourne CBD location.
11. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. All claims will be subject to the Organiser’s validation and verification checks. The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Organiser collects personal information in order to conduct the awards and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to Australian media, once given approval from the Entrant selected.
13. The Overall Winner announced at the First Aid Champion Award Ceremony will be gifted a St John Ambulance AED valued at $2450 RRP to gift to an organisation of their choosing, where the organisation can provide the Defibrillator in the event of an emergency. The St John Ambulance Defibrillator must be given to an organisation in the Victorian community and cannot be gifted to a private residence for personal use. The organisation that is receiving the gifted defibrillator must register it with Ambulance Victoria here as part of accepting the defibrillator.