HLTSS00027 (HLTAID006 + HLTAID007 + HLTAID008)
Covers Management of:
Statement(s) of Attainment:
- Resuscitation including using a soft bag resuscitator
- Oxygen therapy and application of an AED, including equipment maintenance
- Clinical assessment in detail
- Basic anatomy of all body systems
- Risk assessment
- Managing all aspects of a First Aid Room
- Planning a response to a major incident
- Evaluating provision of First Aid
On successful completion of this course you will be issued a statement of attainment in:
Most workplaces require a specific number of people to successfully complete this qualification. St John recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, that first aid skills are renewed every 3 years, and resuscitation skills (HLTAID007) are renewed every 12 months.
HLTSS00027 Occupational first aid skill set, which consists of the following units of competency:
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources
A successful outcome for this statement of attainment will be determined by a range of different assessment methods including written assessment, observation of simulated and practical activities etc.
Students must have completed HLTAID003 Provide First Aid within the previous 12 months.
||Melbourne CBD and Onsite