2 DAYS – No pre-learning required
First Aid management contextualised to children
Covers the management of:
Statement(s) of attainment:
- Completing a casualty report as part of the practical scenario
- The administration of an Adrenaline Auto-Injectors
- The administration of reliever medication for asthma
St John recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, that first aid skills are renewed every 3 years and resuscitation (HLTAID001/HLTAID007), asthma, and anaphylaxis skills are renewed every 12 months.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- 22300VIC Course in first aid management of anaphylaxis
- 22282VIC Course in the emergency management of asthma in the workplace
||A successful outcome for this statement of attainment will be determined by a range of different assessment methods including written assessment (questionnaire), observation of simulated and practical activities etc. You will be required to demonstrate CPR on a manikin on the floor.
||Melbourne CBD, Dandenong and Onsite