Terms & Conditions
St John Ambulance Australia (VIC) Inc. (St John) complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which protects the privacy of individuals by regulating the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about the information that St John retains about you, please contact St John Human Resources on 03 8588 8388.
To receive a full refund of course fees, cancellations must be made to St John Training on 03 8588 8588 at least 5 working days prior to the commencement of the course. Requests to cancel less than 5 working days prior to course commencement will not be entitled to a refund. St John reserves the right to cancel a course at any time. If this occurs, you will be notified prior to the commencement of the course and given the opportunity to reschedule or obtain a refund.
For onsite training, a cancellation fee will apply if a cancellation, or request to transfer the training to another date, is received less than 5 working days before course commencement, after a course has commenced or no participants attended the course as scheduled. The cancellation fee for courses up to 1 day is $180 and for 1 day or more $365.
Course transfers can be made by contacting St John Training on 03 8588 8588. Requests made at least 5 working days prior to the commencement of the originally booked course will be free of charge. Any transfer requests less than 5 working days will incur a fee of $20. Once you have commenced a course, a transfer to another equivalent course is subject to St John discretion and course availability.
If you are unable to attend your course as originally booked you can place your booking on standby to join another course. To do this you must contact St John Training on 03 8588 8588 at least 5 working days prior to the commencement of the originally booked course. Standby bookings are valid for six months and there are no refunds for bookings on standby.
If you are unable to attend a course for any reason, or you arrived late to your course, you must call and notify St John Training to reschedule your course. This request must be made no later than 24 hours after the commencement of the originally booked course. If you fail to contact St John you may be required to pay the full course fee for any subsequent rebooking.
The training offered by St John provides skills and knowledge in First Aid management but does NOT constitute a medical qualification. St John accepts no responsibility for the subsequent actions of participants. Training of this nature involves moderate physical activity, including kneeling and bending. St John does not accept any responsibility for any harm suffered by you as a result of your participation in your sessions.
If you have any special needs (including those in relation to language, literacy or numeracy), a relevant disability or condition or any other concerns, you should raise these at the time of booking. St John reserves the right to end your involvement in a course if you fail to follow the directions, policies or procedures communicated to you by the trainer.
To gain your accreditation, you must fulfill both the following criteria:
- You must attend all sessions and complete all assessments to a standard deemed to be competent by your trainer. The assessment is based on interactive involvement in all aspects of your course;
- You are required to complete a questionnaire for which you must achieve at least 80% accuracy.
Recognition of Prior Learning
St John recognises accredited First Aid training by other Registered Training Organisations. Applications for recognition of prior learning should be made to the St John Training Development Manager for processing 14 days prior to the commencement of the booked course.
You can challenge any decision made during the training which affects you (including assessment). The St John grievance process is as follows:
- You should discuss your grievance with your trainer;
- If this action fails to resolve the grievance or if you are uncomfortable approaching your trainer, you can put your grievance in writing and send it to the St John Training Manager within 10 working days of completion of the booked course.
- If a satisfactory resolution is still not reached then you may send a written grievance to the CEO of St John.
All successful participants will receive a certificate posted within 21 days of course completion. St John can provide an additional certificate for $10 (delivered within 10 business days) or $20 for Express post or same day pick-up. Prices are per certificate and include postage & handling and GST.
Code of Conduct in the Training Room
In all St John Training Rooms and Training Sessions, all participants (including your trainer) should:
- Treat all other participants with courtesy, fairness and equity;
- Engage in conduct that is non- discriminatory on the basis of gender, race, sexuality, disability, cultural background, religion, marital status, age, union affiliation, political conviction or family responsibilities;
- Avoid behaviour that may be reasonably perceived as harassing, intimidating, overbearing, bullying or physically or emotionally threatening;
- Be responsive and courteous when interacting with other participants of the course or session at all times.
Any one contravening these terms may be asked to leave their course or session.