22099VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
This accredited course is to acquire competency in risk assessment and management of anaphylaxis. The knowledge, skills and confidence gained will enable you to minimise the occurrence of, recognise and manage an anaphylactic reaction until professional help arrives.
Participants who achieve competency will receive a Statement of Attainment.
- The aims of First Aid
- The legal aspects of providing First Aid
- Aspects of infection control
- Define and discuss allergies vs anaphylaxis vs intolerance
- Causes and recognition of anaphylaxis
Management of Anaphylaxis including:
- Scenario management
- Administration of an Adrenaline Auto-Injector
Develop risk minimisation and management strategies including:
- Identifying individuals at risk and developing management plans
- Implementing prevention strategies
- Developing communication plan to raise awareness
- St John venues available throughout Victoria
- At a venue of your choice for up to 16 participants
A range of First Aid courses are available, contact St John on 1300 360 455.
St John Training Terms and Conditions apply, click here to read