Occupational First Aid
This accredited course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills which will enable you to manage a First Aid Room, sustain life, and minimise the consequences until professional help arrives.
The minimum prerequisite for this course is a current HLTFA301B Apply First Aid. You will acquire competencies in HLTCPR201A Perform CPR, HLTFA404A Apply Advanced Resuscitation Techniques, HLTFA402B Apply Advanced First Aid, and HLTFA403A Manage First Aid in the Workplace.
When you are deemed competent you will gain a Statement of Attainment.
Annual refresher in HLTFA404A Advance Resuscitation Techniques is recommended.
- Legal and infection control aspects of providing First Aid
- Management of unconscious non breathing casualty
- Use of an AED including maintenance
- Oxygen therapy including equipment maintenance
- Medication. In line with State/Territory regulations, legislations and policies
In depth management of:
- An incident with emphasis on communication, leadership and documentation
- Injuries from head to toe and medical conditions
- Multiple casualties
Workplace First Aid including:
- Legislations, regulations and code of compliance
- The role of an Occupational First Aider
- First Aid room set up and management
- Planning, managing and reviewing response to a major workplace incident
|½ Day||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days|
- Participant resource pack.
St John recommends that you familiarise yourself with the Terms and Conditions