It will take 4-12 weeks to get you trained and out there, so please read & apply correctly to avoid delay.
St John always needs enthusiastic, willing and capable people – just like you to assist us in helping our community save lives through First Aid.
If you provide us with 12 to 24 days a year to attend free events and training we can provide you with opportunities for an improved quality of life.*
* Patrick McCloughan, William H. Batt, Mark Costine and Derek Scully , Second European Quality of Life Survey 2011,Pg 9 – 18 European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, Dublin.
- Attendance at great events
- Get active and learn something new
- Remaining competent and confident to respond in the case of an emergency
- Access to a variety of training programs
- Meeting new people
- Helping people and building real experience
See here for events you can attend whilst volunteering at St John.
What you get
St John is committed to providing our volunteers with effective first aid induction, ongoing training and support. All new volunteers are supplied with:(show)
- Opportunity to observe our St John team/s at an event
- Free nationally accredited professional training
- Full induction
- Opportunities to give back to the community at great events
- Peer support 24/7
- A uniform for duties
- Recognition of service through national awards
- Opportunity to work as part of a professional team
Our qualified counsellors are available to provide timely and confidential support to St John Volunteers and their immediate families after difficult or overwhelming situations.
What Roles are available
Want to know more?
The Volunteer Information Session should give you everything about becoming a volunteer with us.
Watch Volunteer Information Session (15 minutes):
Watch our latest TV commercial: