Apply First Aid (HLTFA311A)
This accredited course is designed for you to acquire competency in applying first aid in a variety of First Aid scenarios. The knowledge and skills will enable you to sustain life, reduce pain and minimise the consequences of injury and illness until professional help arrives.
This course is available in a 1 or 2 day format. The 1 day format requires pre-learning before attending the course.
When you are deemed competent you will gain a Statement of Attainment.
Annual CPR refresher is recommended.
- The legal aspects of providing First Aid
- Aspects of infection control
Assess a First Aid scenario including:
- The aims of First Aid
- The importance of communication
- Unconscious breathing casualty
- Unconscious non-breathing casualty - CPR
- Understanding the use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Review of First Aid Kits
Recognition and management of:
- Wounds and bleeding
- Medical emergencies – chest pain, asthma, anaphylaxis, stroke, seizures, fainting, diabetes
- Injuries from head to toe
- Exposure to heat and cold
- Bites and stings
1 AND 2 DAY OPTION
1 Day – This course has been developed for people who may be time poor or looking to renew their HLTFA301B Apply First Aid qualification. Pre-work is required.
2 Day – This is a comprehensive 2 day course with no prerequisites required.
1 or 2 days.
|½ Day||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days|
- Participant resource pack.
- Pre-learning material sent via email for the 1 day course format.
If you wish to acquire advanced first aid knowledge and skills, St John recommends you consider the Occupational First Aid course.
St John recommends that you familiarise yourself with the Terms and Conditions